One of the most important elements for developing diversity and cultivating inclusion is leadership commitment. Organizations that truly have leadership commitment for diversity and inclusion have an environment of trust where employees believe that change is possible, which sets the foundation for cultivating inclusion. While a leader may be committed to improving diversity and inclusion (D&I) they may not know exactly where to start or how to authentically show that commitment to their workforce.
Fortunately, leaders that see improved diversity and inclusion as an organizational imperative can work to expand their level of understanding and ability to articulate their vision. CIDIS collaborates with organizations to coach leaders on the fundamentals of building a diverse and inclusive organization and support their development into a diversity and inclusion champion.
CIDIS provides Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Coaching for leadership and stakeholders to:
- Increase understanding of D&I and their role as a champion
- Develop an authentic commitment to D&I
- Develop and understand the language of D&I
- Provide the needed support for improving organizational inclusion
- Improve comfortability in discussing D&I topics – building authenticity, empathy, and understanding
- Support the launch of a D&I strategy, project or initiative